Hey there! :)

Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my AS media blog! I've created a rock music magazine cover, contents page and double page spread and this is my blog to show you the finished magazine as well as all the research and planning I put into making my magazine and the evaluation I did after I completed my magazine. I hope you find it all interesting! :)

Below are links to my research and planning, completed magazine and evaluation questions.

Research and Planning: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/research-and-planning-cd-cover-as-media.html
Completed Magazine: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/completed-music-magazine.html
Evaluation Questions: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/evaluation-question-1.html

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Research And Planning - Possible Photo Locations

The location of the photographs included in and on my music magazine are just as important as getting the right look for the models; if a model is in the wrong location they will look out of place, which is definitely not desirable!

As my magazine genre is rock, the location has to reflect that. It could reflect it through colour, through association or through the architecture of the location.

Location colours

  • Red - often associated with rock because it is classed as the 'devils music'
  • Black - often associated with rock because it is dark and mysterious like rock artists
  • White - often associated with rock because it is a contrast to black and its simple
  • Silver - often associated with rock because of the punk/rock jewelry rock artists wear.
Any of those colours combined with other dark tones would create the perfect colour for a rock photoshoot location.

Locations suitable through association and architecture

  • Gig venues - inside/outside
  • Arenas - inside/outside
  • The woods at night
  • A messy bedroom full of rock posters - inside/in the doorway
  • A music shop - inside/outside
  • Dark street corners
  • Outside Urbis in Manchester
  • Outside Hard Rock Cafe in Manchester
  • A Gothic church 
  • Tall dark building with dark old brick work
The photo location I would love to use would be inside the Palace Theatre in Manchester because it has an amazing stage with reflects light back onto the person standing on the stage when a photograph is taken, which looks very 'rock n roll' and it is a professional location which should help my photographs of my model look more professional and authentic as I could then write an article about my pretend rock star model doing a small scale gig in the theatre for their biggest fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment