Hey there! :)

Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my AS media blog! I've created a rock music magazine cover, contents page and double page spread and this is my blog to show you the finished magazine as well as all the research and planning I put into making my magazine and the evaluation I did after I completed my magazine. I hope you find it all interesting! :)

Below are links to my research and planning, completed magazine and evaluation questions.

Research and Planning: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/research-and-planning-cd-cover-as-media.html
Completed Magazine: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/completed-music-magazine.html
Evaluation Questions: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/evaluation-question-1.html

Thursday 17 November 2011

Research and Planning - Contents Page Inspirations

Below are some Contents pages from existing professional rock magazines which I have used as inspiration for planning and laying out the contents page for my own rock magazine:



I like the above contents page because I feel the layout of the images and text is really creative and just generally looks good. However, I think there is too much plain white space and using this style of contents page would not really match with the over all style of my cover and double page spread.


I completely love this contents page as it just screams ROCK as soon as you look at it from the layout, colour and over all style! I love the way the images are arranged on the right side of the page and I love how simplistic, but effective, the over all layout and style is. I like the way the contents page information is categorized and I particularly like the way the categories are broken up by different coloured banners to the rest of the text. To avoid having too much white space on my contents page I would probably invert the colours on the left hand side so that the background was black (not white) and the text was white (not black). I'd keep the category splitting banner red with either white or black text in. This is definitely the style and layout I want to try and re-create in my own rock magazine contents page!


Although this contents page looks very rock n roll, I personally feel its too busy and has too much imagery on it. It looks really good, but is hard to actually focus on and read. I definitely prefer the other two contents page layouts, colours, images and designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment