Hey there! :)

Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my AS media blog! I've created a rock music magazine cover, contents page and double page spread and this is my blog to show you the finished magazine as well as all the research and planning I put into making my magazine and the evaluation I did after I completed my magazine. I hope you find it all interesting! :)

Below are links to my research and planning, completed magazine and evaluation questions.

Research and Planning: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/research-and-planning-cd-cover-as-media.html
Completed Magazine: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/completed-music-magazine.html
Evaluation Questions: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/evaluation-question-1.html

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Research and Planning - Music Magazine Draft (New)

Using the feedback I have collected through my audience interviews and questionnaires I have created new drafts which are more appropriate and suited to what my target audience want to see in/on a rock music magazine.

Cover


This cover draft has changed majorly to my original as I have taken on board my target audience feed back and shaped my new draft around it. These are the changes and why they have been changed:

  • My audience feedback told me the front cover image they most wanted to see was a female/females in a rock pose, so that is what is now on the cover. My original draft had females in a band playing live as the cover image. This also encorporated the feedback that the majority of my readers will be female and around 16 years old, as my picture models are female and around 16 years old.

  • My audience feedback also told me that I should style my layout like Kerrang magazine, as it was the most popular magazine read by my interviewees. My original draft layout was very busy and not focused upon an existing design. I've now changed it so that my new draft is not so busy and follows loosely the Kerrang layout.

  • My audience feedback told me I should sell my magazine every two weeks and change between £1 and £2. My original draft was to be brought out monthly and cost £4. I changed my draft so it comes out every two weeks and costs £1.50.

  • My original draft had no slogan/slugline/possitioning statement, so I added one to my new draft.
  • My audience feedback also told me that my colour scheme should be red, black and white, which is what my colour scheme was going to be anyway.


I much prefer my new draft to the original first draft as it looks more proffessional and suits my target markets requirements more.

No comments:

Post a Comment