Hey there! :)

Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my AS media blog! I've created a rock music magazine cover, contents page and double page spread and this is my blog to show you the finished magazine as well as all the research and planning I put into making my magazine and the evaluation I did after I completed my magazine. I hope you find it all interesting! :)

Below are links to my research and planning, completed magazine and evaluation questions.

Research and Planning: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/research-and-planning-cd-cover-as-media.html
Completed Magazine: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/completed-music-magazine.html
Evaluation Questions: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/evaluation-question-1.html

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Research and Planning - Models

What my model needs to look like/be able to do

As my magazine is a rock magazine, my model needs to have/do the following:

  • rock style hair: messy, choppy, long, 'emo', typical rock style hair
  • rock style clothing: the clothing covered in my costume list
  • Be able to look good in a rock style pose, such as:
      • doing a rock jump in the air
      • playing guitar
      • singing into a microphone
      • doing the rock symbol
      • looking moody
      • writing lyrics whilst looking intense
  • Be comfortable having make-up put on them
  • Have a love of rock music themselves, so the photographs and poses are more realistic and believable.
I will get each model to fill out a consent form before re-styling them and taking photos of them.

Inspirational styles/poses for my model/photograph:

 
Poster from We Will Rock You the musical - typical female guitar rock pose in the middle. Perfect pose and style of clothing for my rock music magazine model. Perfect cover photo pose as it catches the eye.

Male power rock pose - perfect for a male model to show the rock genre, suitable for the main eye catching image on a double page spread.

 Cute rock pose for a teenage girl - a suitable and subtle rock pose which a softer, smaller looking female model could do, good cover or inside photograph style pose.


Aggressive female rock pose - perfect for making a female look powerful and totally rock n roll! a perfect mid shot for a female rock style model. perfect eye catching front cover pose.


Sexy rock style female pose - perfect for a more seductive angle on the genre of rock. Suitable for my magazine as it will attract my target age range to the magazine and will appeal to both rock chicks and rock guys.


Intensely staring into the distance - a classic rock pose for both male and female models. Possibly more of a shot for the inside of my magazine rather than the front cover.


 On stage photograph - perfect for the double page spread because it is an onstage photograph and a good rock style pose which would fit a gig review double page spread article. Great lighting on the photograph also - makes the model appear to have a glowing outline.

In the air rock pose - amazing rock style pose which I doubt my models will be able to pull off properly. However, it is a great rock pose for a male and would look amazing on the front cover of a rock style magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment