Hey there! :)

Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my AS media blog! I've created a rock music magazine cover, contents page and double page spread and this is my blog to show you the finished magazine as well as all the research and planning I put into making my magazine and the evaluation I did after I completed my magazine. I hope you find it all interesting! :)

Below are links to my research and planning, completed magazine and evaluation questions.

Research and Planning: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/research-and-planning-cd-cover-as-media.html
Completed Magazine: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/completed-music-magazine.html
Evaluation Questions: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/evaluation-question-1.html

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Research and Planning - Photo Planning

Things I need to consider before taking my cover image:

  • The lighting in the area
    • The image should be bright enough to see the artists faces, but still dark around the edges to keep with the rock style which is dark and edgy
  • The location its self
    • Make sure no one else in the area ends up in my shots
    • Make sure the location is completely appropriate and suitable and suits the rock genre
    • Make sure it fits the colour scheme of red/black/white
  • Magazine colour scheme (Red/Black/White)
    • All images need to fit with both the style and colour scheme of my magazine
    • Match the colours on the models clothing to the colours on my magazine cover
    • Match the location colours to the colours on my magazine cover
  • The Model & Pose
    • Model HAS to have the 'rock look' about them before putting them in costume and restyling their hair, otherwise the images will not look convincing
    • Model has to be someone co-operative who will do what is required
    • Pose has to look suitable for the rock genre and has to look convincing
    • The over all effect from the model and pose has to look realistic and believable that they ARE a real rock band.
Things I need to consider before taking my contents page images:

  • Consider all the above points for the cover image and apply them to the contents page image
  • Make the images suitable for the contents page and what it contains
  • Make the locations slightly different to the cover image
  • Work out how many I will actually need and take more than needed in case some turn out undesirably
Things I need to consider before taking my double page spread images:

  • All of the above points from both the cover and contents page images
  • Make sure the photographs are suited to the title and over all style of the article and layout on the double page spread
  • Make sure they are as good a quality as the cover image, as they will be the second largest images in the magazine I'm creating.
If I follow all these steps I should be able to get pictures that look realistic, that are believable, that completely fit with the genre and colour scheme and that finish off my magazine perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment