Hey there! :)

Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my AS media blog! I've created a rock music magazine cover, contents page and double page spread and this is my blog to show you the finished magazine as well as all the research and planning I put into making my magazine and the evaluation I did after I completed my magazine. I hope you find it all interesting! :)

Below are links to my research and planning, completed magazine and evaluation questions.

Research and Planning: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/research-and-planning-cd-cover-as-media.html
Completed Magazine: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/completed-music-magazine.html
Evaluation Questions: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/evaluation-question-1.html

Thursday 17 November 2011

Research and Planning - Double Page Spread Inspirations

Below are some double page spreads from existing rock magazines which will help me to form my own double page spread for my rock magazine. I will look at the layout, images and language presented on the double page spreads to help me create my own.


I really like the colours and fonts on this double page spread and I particularly like the positioning of the title on the double page spread. I like the way the images are layed out and was thinking of possitioning the images in a similar way myself before I saw this double page spread. I don't like the white banner down the side of the right hand page as it looks a little out of place, so I know not to do something similar on my double page spread.


I like the way the main bulk of the text is in paragraphs which slant to fit beside the band name, I think it looks really creative and eye catching. However there isn't actually much content on this double page spread and only one image, so I don't think I'll be using this style of layout, but I might use the slanted paragraph/band name idea.


I particularly like the way the images are displayed on this double page spread, its colourful, its eye catching and it just looks really good! I love the torn effect down the side of the white article section and I think it is something I will definitely attempt to recreate on my own double page spread!


My double page spread

I want my double page spread to include:

  • One main large image which reflects what the article is about
  • Smaller images arranged around the main image and on the bottom of the opposite page
  • red/black/white colour scheme
  • A back story to the band and then an interview with the band as my main text
  • a fact file on one of the artists
  • a small section on the bottom right hand page with gig dates on.

No comments:

Post a Comment