Hey there! :)

Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my AS media blog! I've created a rock music magazine cover, contents page and double page spread and this is my blog to show you the finished magazine as well as all the research and planning I put into making my magazine and the evaluation I did after I completed my magazine. I hope you find it all interesting! :)

Below are links to my research and planning, completed magazine and evaluation questions.

Research and Planning: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/research-and-planning-cd-cover-as-media.html
Completed Magazine: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/completed-music-magazine.html
Evaluation Questions: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/evaluation-question-1.html

Thursday 17 November 2011

Research and Planning - Location (update)

After not being able to get hold of any management at the Palace Theatre in Manchester, I am resigning myself to the fact that I'm probably not going to be able to use is as my photoshoot location. There is a possibility of using the stage/backdrop at the Dominion Theatre in London (thanks to a good friend who is a cast member in the show on at the theatre and another friend who is Dept. Head of Stage there) However I only have one visit to the theatre before the final magazine deadline and so I really only have one chance of getting the shots I want. Plus, I can't take any college friend models with me, as they cant afford the train tickets! So I will have to use either myself, or some cast members in their rock costumes (from We Will Rock You the musical) as the models, which is not what my target audience wanted as they wanted models of a similar age to them (around 16) and the cast members aren't around that age (however they would look AWESOME!!). However, the Dominion theatre would be an amazing backdrop for my front cover.

Dominion Theatre:

Possible background 1:



Possible background 2:

 (minus the actors on the stage - would be amazing to get my model in a rock pose on the platform on the stage in front of that background)

Possible background 3:


Aside from the Dominion Theatre, a perfect location would be somewhere with lots of red, black and white around it... like white steps with red railings, or a red brick wall, as it will match my colour scheme. I have yet to find an exact location which I wish to use, but I am still looking and am hopeful for one of the two theatres to allow me to use their stage and backdrops.

No comments:

Post a Comment