Hey there! :)

Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my AS media blog! I've created a rock music magazine cover, contents page and double page spread and this is my blog to show you the finished magazine as well as all the research and planning I put into making my magazine and the evaluation I did after I completed my magazine. I hope you find it all interesting! :)

Below are links to my research and planning, completed magazine and evaluation questions.

Research and Planning: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/research-and-planning-cd-cover-as-media.html
Completed Magazine: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/completed-music-magazine.html
Evaluation Questions: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/evaluation-question-1.html

Monday 14 November 2011

Research and Planning - Costume and Props pictures

After making my costume and props list I got together some of the costume items and props I already had at home and took pictures of them:


Accoustic Guitar

Black accoustic guitar - perfect prop for my model to really look like a rock star. I will teach my model to play a few simple chords and take pictures of them whilst they are playing to put on the double page spread of my magazine to make it look like the pictures were taken from a rock artists gig.


Sunglasses

Reflective silver lense, silver frame, rock style sunglasses - perfect for to achieve a really believable rock style look. Suitable for both a male or female model. Covering the eyes of the model gives them a mysterious rock look which looks attractive on the cover of a magazine.


Wrist Accessories

Rock stars typically wear loads of accessories on their wrists to complete their rock style look. Most rock wrist accessories are leather with silver, black or coloured square studs on (like the accessories pictured below). Most rock finger accessories are metal black or silver rings, usually worn on the thumb.


Trouser Accessories

White belt with black square studs on, with a metal rock style double guitar shiny belt buckle which will really make my model have the rock edge and style. Silver chain which will add to the over all rock look of my model.


T-Shirts

Freddie Mercury T-Shirt - wearing an iconic rock star on a t-shirt would make the model look like a rock star too.


Green Day T-Shirt - modern rock band t-shirt, perfect for a fan or fellow rock star to wear.


Queen T-Shirt - classic rock band t-shirt , perfect for a fan or fellow rock star to wear. Both the Green Day t-shirt above and the Queen one below are suitable for my model because my rock music magazine contains a mixture of classic and modern rock: Queen is classic, Green Day is modern.


Black T-Shirt with colourful print - this style t-shirt seems to be the latest trend amongst rock fans and artists alike. This is the style of t-shirt which I originally said I would get my model to wear, however any of the above styles are also suitable.


Shoes

The style of shoe below (Converse/Vans) is the usual style of shoe/trainer worn by rock artists and so I feel they are suitable for my model to wear. I dont know which colour will suit the over all style of my rock model, so I have a few for them to choose from!


Leather Jacket

Leather jackets are something ALL rock artists seem to have and so I want my rock model to have one too! They just seem to enhanse the over all look of the rock artist; like a final touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment