Hey there! :)

Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my AS media blog! I've created a rock music magazine cover, contents page and double page spread and this is my blog to show you the finished magazine as well as all the research and planning I put into making my magazine and the evaluation I did after I completed my magazine. I hope you find it all interesting! :)

Below are links to my research and planning, completed magazine and evaluation questions.

Research and Planning: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/research-and-planning-cd-cover-as-media.html
Completed Magazine: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/completed-music-magazine.html
Evaluation Questions: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/evaluation-question-1.html

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Research and Planning - Headshots


Head shots of possible models for my rock music magazine:

Got rock style hair and rock style clothing, so this model would be good to use as my rock magazine model. As the model is familiar and comfortable with the rock style I could easily adapt his look to make it more suitable for my music magazine. Only problem is he's male and my target audience stated that they would prefer a female, or females, to be on my cover image. However, I could still use this model for other parts of my magazine.

Model has blonde hair which isnt particularly desirable for a rock artist, however his over all look is quite close to the rock genre. With a bit of restyling this model would be suitable. This model has great facial shape and bone structure for the rock theme as it makes him look edgy and very rock n roll! Again, this model is male and my target audience wanted a female/females on the cover.


This model looks too timid and soft for the rock style genre. She seems to be more suited to the pop/indie genre as she is very pretty and has soft tones to her face rather than the harsh edgy ones which are typically associated with rock models and the rock genre as a whole. I'm sure with a bit of styling this model would be great, however I'm not sure she would be comfortable dressing and being styled in the way that I desire and if she doesn't feel comfortable the photographs of her in poses will not be particularly convincing.

This model has a slight rock look about her, however her hair is not a colour particularly associated with rock artists, which poses a problem to me as she wont look convincing on the cover of my rock magazine. However, with a bit of styling and the aid of photoshop, I may be able to make this model look brilliant and very suited to the rock genre! Plus she is female and what my target audience wants.


This model is clearly suited to the rock genre as he is wearing a rock band t-shirt and has a rock hairstyle! He is very suitable for my rock magazine as he is and so would look perfect once styled in the way I desire. However, he is male and my target audience feedback tells me they want a female on the cover of my magazine. However, I could still use him in another part of my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment