Hey there! :)

Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my AS media blog! I've created a rock music magazine cover, contents page and double page spread and this is my blog to show you the finished magazine as well as all the research and planning I put into making my magazine and the evaluation I did after I completed my magazine. I hope you find it all interesting! :)

Below are links to my research and planning, completed magazine and evaluation questions.

Research and Planning: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/research-and-planning-cd-cover-as-media.html
Completed Magazine: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/completed-music-magazine.html
Evaluation Questions: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/evaluation-question-1.html

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Research and Planning - Original Music Magazine Idea

My original music magazine idea was to create a musical theatre genre music magazine - as musical theatre is now a recognised genre of music. I had this idea as I am very passionate about musical theatre and love the storytelling style of musical theatre music. However, upon my media teacher contacting the moderator, I was told I could not do a musical theatre music genre magazine, which was a little frustrating as I already had a masthead name, an idea of what stories and articles to include and I have many friends currently in West End shows which I could go down to London and photograph backstage in costume for my magazine - which would have been EPIC! But respecting the moderator's decision I moved on to change my genre to rock, another favourite genre of music. I plan on still incorporating one of my favourite musicals (We Will Rock You) into my rock genre magazine, as the music of Queen is relevant to the rock genre. Although I was a little disappointed at not being able to do a musical theatre genre music magazine which I was so enthusiastic about, I am looking forward to changing my ideas and embracing the rock genre for my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment