Hey there! :)

Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my AS media blog! I've created a rock music magazine cover, contents page and double page spread and this is my blog to show you the finished magazine as well as all the research and planning I put into making my magazine and the evaluation I did after I completed my magazine. I hope you find it all interesting! :)

Below are links to my research and planning, completed magazine and evaluation questions.

Research and Planning: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/research-and-planning-cd-cover-as-media.html
Completed Magazine: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/completed-music-magazine.html
Evaluation Questions: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/evaluation-question-1.html

Thursday 20 October 2011

Research and Planning - Music magazine costume & props list

Costumes

  • Black leather jacket; typical rock style clothing - seen as 'bad ass' and rebellious - will use my own if I am the model, or I will buy one from a charity shop/borrow one from a friend if someone else is a model and can not provide the right style of leather jacket for the look I want to achieve in my photos.
  • Black jeans; typical rock style clothing - worn by most rock artists - use model's own black jeans, or normal jeans and Photoshop them to look black after taking the image to ensure the rock style is achieved.
  • Black converse trainers; typical rock style clothing - also worn by most rock artists - Will use the model's own, or make the model wear my pair to ensure the rock style is achieved.
  • Lots of black, green, red and dark colour wrist accessories; finishes off the over all rock look of the model - will use my own accessories to complete the rock look of the model.
  • Chains for the jeans - different length and weight silver chains to attach to the jeans - finishes off the rock effect - I'll use my own and the models to make sure we have a sufficient amount for the shoot.
  • Black t-shirt with an image/print/writing on the front, no big label/brand clothing as rock artists are against the 'consuman race' (consumer human race) and believe it destroys individuality - will buy one specifically for the model if they do not have a suitable t-shirt of their own, as the t-shirt is a very important factor within the rock style of my model.
Hair & Makeup


These factors will all depend upon the final models I choose to use and how their clothing appearance looks. I may spray colours into my models hair with 'FX colours hairspray' which I have previously used myself in a rock theatrical production, to give my model a more striking rock style. However, if the models hair is lready in the rock style (choppy cut, over the eye, with colour in etc) I may not need to use any colour and may just add extra style to the model's hair with gel and hairspray.

Again, makeup all depends on the models I choose to use. Rock makeup usually consists of thick black eyeliner and a pale face, but can sometimes be outrageously elaborate like the make up the band members of KISS wear. It will depend on what suits my models over all appearance after their are in their rock style clothing and have had their hair styled.

May need:

  • FX colours hairspray - buy some from Claire's retail shop, or use existing cans I already have
  • Hair spray and gel - buy from Boots or Superdrug
  • Straighteners - use my own
  • Black eyeliner - use the model's (if they have any, if not, buy some)
  • various other make up products depending on the over all look of the model when in costume - use model's own.
Props List

  • Guitar - preferably black and shiny to give a cool effect of light bouncing off it in the photos, which is very rock style - I could use my own black guitar, or take the photos necessary with the guitar in Dawsons' Music Shop and borrow one of their display guitars for the photo (Will ask the store manager before taking the photos).
  •  Microphone stand & microphone - borrow one from a friend who sings in a band :)
  • Rock posters for the background of the photos - pull them from magazines and use my own.
More props may be needed, as I am not entirely sure what pose/location my model is going to be in, so I don't know at this point the actual specifics of all the props I will need. I will update this list when I know more props which are going to be used or needed.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment