Hey there! :)

Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my AS media blog! I've created a rock music magazine cover, contents page and double page spread and this is my blog to show you the finished magazine as well as all the research and planning I put into making my magazine and the evaluation I did after I completed my magazine. I hope you find it all interesting! :)

Below are links to my research and planning, completed magazine and evaluation questions.

Research and Planning: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/research-and-planning-cd-cover-as-media.html
Completed Magazine: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/completed-music-magazine.html
Evaluation Questions: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/evaluation-question-1.html

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Research and Planning - Music Magazine Audience

  •  The age of my target audience is between 16 to 21, however depending on what the image on the cover is and the articles inside are about, it may attract older readers too. But the target audience I am specifically aiming for is the age range of 16 to 21.
  • The gender of my target audience is going to be predominantly male due to the colour scheme and layout I plan to use on my music magazine. However, girls, like myself, may also be attracted to the magazine as not everyone sticks to the stereotypical things that each gender should like. However, I do believe that the main gender of my target audience  is male.
  • The occupation of my target audience will be students, as 16 to 21 year old's are typically in higher education such as College or University. I believe music students and student interested in rock music will be within the main target audience of my magazine.
  • The class of my music magazine's target audience will be lower to middle class. As rock music is not something I typically associate with upper class people and so I believe my target audience will mainly consist of lower and middle class students.
  • The wealth of my target audience will be around average (not poor and not rich) as my target audience is students and so they don't have loads of money to spare, but they're not poor either - making them average in wealth.
  • The interests of my target audience will include: listening to rock music (or music in general); going to rock gigs; playing typical rock instruments (guitar, bass, drums); reading about rock artists; reading rock gig reviews; reading rock artist interviews; buying rock band merchandise and other activities focused around rock music.
  • The outlook for the future of my target audience would be: going on to form a rock band themselves; getting a job in music shops/games shops/gig venues; and generally following a career based around their love of rock and rock music from the age of 21 and over.
  • I am going to reach my target audience by putting relevant images which appeal to my target audience on the cover of my magazine, as well as using colours which also appeal to my target audience. I will include articles in the magazine which my target audience would be interested in and sell my magazine at an affordable price so that my target audience will buy the magazine and tell their mates about it, influencing them to buy a copy too.
Typical target audience member:
Clearly a fan of rock by his 'KISS' make up, he's male, teenage and playing the mightiest weapon of freedom known to mankind - an Electric Guitar! Clearly showing he's a rock music fan and someone within my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment