Hey there! :)

Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my AS media blog! I've created a rock music magazine cover, contents page and double page spread and this is my blog to show you the finished magazine as well as all the research and planning I put into making my magazine and the evaluation I did after I completed my magazine. I hope you find it all interesting! :)

Below are links to my research and planning, completed magazine and evaluation questions.

Research and Planning: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/research-and-planning-cd-cover-as-media.html
Completed Magazine: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/completed-music-magazine.html
Evaluation Questions: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/evaluation-question-1.html

Monday 12 September 2011

Research and Planning - Photoshop Challenge





This is my third attempt at using photoshop and is the result of the 'Photoshop Challenge'. What I had to do:

-Open up a A4 document to work on. I did this by opening up Photoshop, selecting File and New, then changing the settings to A4.
-Write text 'AS Media Studies' in century gothic in size 24 font. I did this by using the text tool and changing the font and size settings in the text tool bar.
-Change the colour of the text to red and centre it in the middle of the page. I did this by changing the colour in the text toolbar and using the move tool to centralise the text.
-Change the background colour to blue. I did this using the rectangle tool.
-Highlight the text and give it a drop shadow. I did this by opening the layer options and changing the relevant settings.
-Place a picture of a person from the computer/internet under the text. I did this by opening an existing image of a girl in photoshop and dragging and dropping it onto the background layer. I then resized it and used the move tool to place it below the text.
-Change their hair colour. I did this by using the brush tool on a low opacity.
-Draw a border of any colour or shape around the picture. I did this with the rectangle tool.

I'm feeling more confident using Photoshop now, as I seem to be able to navigate around it more easily and quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment