Hey there! :)

Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my AS media blog! I've created a rock music magazine cover, contents page and double page spread and this is my blog to show you the finished magazine as well as all the research and planning I put into making my magazine and the evaluation I did after I completed my magazine. I hope you find it all interesting! :)

Below are links to my research and planning, completed magazine and evaluation questions.

Research and Planning: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/research-and-planning-cd-cover-as-media.html
Completed Magazine: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/completed-music-magazine.html
Evaluation Questions: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/evaluation-question-1.html

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Research and Planning - College Magazine Analysis

College magazine analysis:

-I can tell this is a magazine because it has a Masthead, a slugline, a date and issue number,  a main picture, bar code and price, as well as a variety of featured articles presented on the front cover, which are all essential parts of a magazine cover.
-I can tell this is specifically a college magazine as the person presented on the front cover is the age of a typical college student and she is also dressed like a student in casual clothing.
-I can also tell this is a college magazine, as the articles featured on the front cover are relevant to college life and the Masthead clearly says 'College'.
-I believe that this college magazine is aimed at students between the age of 16 to 18, as that is the typical age of college students and those ages would be interested in the types of articles presented in the magazine and primarily aimed at females, as there is a female on the cover and the articles seem to lean towards the female gender and their concerns and interests.
-This is a typical magazine as it has a simple, but effective, 'three colour' colour scheme, which ensures the cover of the magazine does not look manic and is not full of random colours which does not look professional and may put people off reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment