Hey there! :)

Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my AS media blog! I've created a rock music magazine cover, contents page and double page spread and this is my blog to show you the finished magazine as well as all the research and planning I put into making my magazine and the evaluation I did after I completed my magazine. I hope you find it all interesting! :)

Below are links to my research and planning, completed magazine and evaluation questions.

Research and Planning: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/research-and-planning-cd-cover-as-media.html
Completed Magazine: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/completed-music-magazine.html
Evaluation Questions: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/evaluation-question-1.html

Thursday 8 September 2011

Research and Planning - CD cover AS Media

This is my first creation in Photoshop. I created this CD cover by opening up three separate images in Photoshop and putting them all together. The 'putting them all together' stage consisted of cutting out the CD from it's background and moving it onto the background layer with the notes on. I then changed the size and rotation of the CD image, before tinting it purple and placing it in the top left corner of the square background image. I then removed the horn from its background by using the magic wand tool, which identified all of the background, then used the 'invert' tool, which selected the horn its self, rather than the background, so that I could move it onto my background image. Once the horn was on the background image, I changed the size of it and the rotation of it, as well as changing the colour of the horn using the colour balance to make it look more 'brass like'. I then placed the horn in the center of the CD pointing to the right, as I felt it looked creative. I then added notes onto the background image which appeared to be coming from the horn instrument. After changing the appearance and position of the images, I changed the colour of the background image to match the CD image (giving it a more professional look), before using the wave effect tool to enhance the appearance of the background image. I then added text in a colour that matched both the CD image and the background, giving the CD a title and an artist name - completing the CD cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment