Hey there! :)

Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my AS media blog! I've created a rock music magazine cover, contents page and double page spread and this is my blog to show you the finished magazine as well as all the research and planning I put into making my magazine and the evaluation I did after I completed my magazine. I hope you find it all interesting! :)

Below are links to my research and planning, completed magazine and evaluation questions.

Research and Planning: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/research-and-planning-cd-cover-as-media.html
Completed Magazine: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/completed-music-magazine.html
Evaluation Questions: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/evaluation-question-1.html

Thursday 15 September 2011

Research and Planning - College magazine interviews




To get a better idea of what to include on the front cover of my college magazine, I prepared a list of questions and interviewed students and staff at the college. The videos above give an insight into some of the replies I gained. I interviewed people so that I could include relevant information and articles on my magazine cover which would appeal to people who actually attend the college and are my target audience.

One of the key questions I asked was what peoples favourite colours were, as my entire college magazine colour scheme depends upon their responses and the colours used are what draw people to the magazine in the first place.

Other key information I obtained:

-Things that interest college students and staff
-Hobbies students and staff have
-Things students and staff would be interested in reading about
-How much a student would pay for such a magazine
-What magazines they already buy and what makes those magazines appeal to them

I can use all this knowledge to ensure that my college magazine stands the best chance of appealing to as many students as possible.

Target Audience

The specific target audience for my College magazine is students between the age of 16-20 who attend Hyde Clarendon College. My target audience is non gender specific and is everyone who attends the College, not just A Level or vocational students.

No comments:

Post a Comment