Hey there! :)

Dear Moderator,

Welcome to my AS media blog! I've created a rock music magazine cover, contents page and double page spread and this is my blog to show you the finished magazine as well as all the research and planning I put into making my magazine and the evaluation I did after I completed my magazine. I hope you find it all interesting! :)

Below are links to my research and planning, completed magazine and evaluation questions.

Research and Planning: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/research-and-planning-cd-cover-as-media.html
Completed Magazine: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/completed-music-magazine.html
Evaluation Questions: http://beckymckenziemedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/evaluation-question-1.html

Monday 19 March 2012

Evaluation - Question 4

Who would be the audience for your media product? Why?

Below is a drawing of a member of my target audience with annotations around him:




Target Audience

My target audience I believe is primarily male, as the majority of rock music fans are male (67% rock gig ticket buyers/holders are male) This is why the drawing of my audience member is male. I believe my target audience to be College/University students between the ages of 16 and 21, as these are classed as 'student years' which is when a person buys the most gig tickets and is most into music and likely to buy a music magazine - this is why my audience member is 17 years old.

The majority of rock fans wear black clothing, with jeans, casual t-shirts and accessories predominantly in red or white (black red and white are the typical rock colours) this is why my audience member is wearing red and black accessories and t-shirt, as well as wearing jeans and black Converse style shoes.

Shops

HMV is the music shop of choice for the typical rock music fan - followed closely by HMVs rock 'sisiter' shop called FOP, as they sell a lot of rock music which appeals to my target audience, that is why my audience member would shop there.

Afflek's Palace in Manchester is an alternative/rock/cyberpunk/goth superstore which has over 30 shops and 4 floors in it. Rock music is played in all the shops in Afflek's and all the clothing and accessories sold in it is appropriate to the rock genre and rock audience, that is why my audience member would shop there.

Hobbies

- Playing Guitar/instruments: many rock music fans play rock related instruments as they are inspired heavily by the music they love.
-Going to gigs: rock gigs are the most widely attended gigs in the UK and so it is likely my audience goes to gigs as a hobby.
-Manga art/drawing: from my own experience rock fans seem to draw Manga and Anime style art more than fans of any other music genre. Both myself and many of my rock music loving friends all draw Manga art as a hobby. (the drawing of my audience member is classed as 'Manga Art')
-Reading magazines: rock fans are usually the most devoted fans out of all music genres and are the most likely to read about their favourite bands in magazines.

Music

My audience member would listen to rock music from the past and the present, such as:

-Queen
-My Chemical Romance
-ACDC
-Muse
-Linkin Park
-Black Sabbath
-30 Seconds To Mars
-Metallica

As well as variations on rock music riffs and drumbeats which incorporate alternative/metal music into their over all sound, such as:

-We The Kings
-Midas Fall
-The XX
-Goo Goo Dolls
-Lifehouse
-Elliot Minor

TV shows

My target audience would watch pretty much all types of TV other than Reality TV, as although everyone in the rock music loving community are diverse and enjoy different TV things, they collectively hate reality tv shows. Shows they would watch:

-Doctor Who
-Hollyoaks
-Battle of the Bands

Shows they would not watch:

-XFactor
-Britain's Got Talent
-The Only Way Is Essex
-Big Brother

They would not watch these shows because they often don't like modern music that has no soul and is only made for money (like Rhianna, Rizzle Kicks and similar 'artists') and these shows either promote that style of music, or have people on the shows that love that style of music. A common phrase within the teenage rock loving community is: "modern music is c-omputer r-ecorded a-utotuned p-op, c-r-a-p" - which proves my theory of which tv shows and music artists they would and wouldn't watch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment